- As in all things, guiding services vary, and hiring a guide strictly on price or advertising can disappoint.
- Shamus offers boutique fishing adventures specialising in individual client tuition and guiding. We take pride in providing genuine New Zealand fly fishing adventures.
What We Offer
Good old fashioned hard work, local knowledge and years of streamside guiding and fly fishing experience.
What We Don’t Offer
A fancy 4 Wheel Drive, a champagne lunch and ‘conveyor-belt’ tourist guiding.
- Tuition $50 per hourSpecial WINTER DISCOUNT Rate
- Guiding – Winter (May to September) – Daily Rates
- Winter Local Adventure (starting at Taupo) $330 (half day)
- Winter Local Adventure (starting at Taupo) $500 (full day) (See Currency Converter below)
Winter Rates – Notes Full day includes light snacks/tea/coffee Winter multi-day Adventure (rate available on request)
- Guiding – Summer (October to April) – Daily Rates
- Summer Local Adventure (starting at Taupo) $330 (half day)
- Summer Local Adventure (starting at Taupo) $600 (full day)
- Remote Back Country Adventure $650 (full day only) (See Currency Converter below)
- Summer Multiple-day Adventure (discount rate available on request)
Summer Rates: Notes
Lunch with full day. Rates include GST tax & lunch Headwater helicopter fly-ins (heli-fishing) (rate available on request)
Fishing Licence (additional per angler, per day)
Rates include GST tax. Rates are for 2 anglers. All rates subject to change, due to fuel cost variations.